Friday, July 1, 2011

So far, a relatively productive day . . .

 
So far, my day has been blessed and I got a lot of things done including time at Adoration and a trip to the grocery store.

Gosh, I am constantly amazed at how fast the cost of food is going up. Nowadays, when I see something going for pre-2008 prices, I stock up. Kind of makes me feel like I'm preparing for the worst of something! Anyway, I got some good deals and controlled any possibility of impulse shopping. Mass, Adoration, and shopping were all done by noon so I had a few hours to work on my lagging 'home business' of quilting quilts. I actually finished one, today. The pictures show the front and the back of the quilt. It looks better 'in person' but the camera worked hard at trying to caputure the colors for me.

My scrap quilt of yesterday reached the quilting stage today. The reason the first quilt got done so promptly? I needed pins for the scrap quilt so finished the first one in order to remove the pins!

Summer is striking with a heavy hand as we are up to triple digits in heat today. We don't have air conditioning so rely on some stragically placed fans . . . it isn't working! And, tomorrow, it is supposed to get even hotter. The news said that even the beach areas were hitting the high 80's which is unusual. Frankly, 80-plus degrees is sounding pretty cool right now!

Off to get another iced glass of water . . . possibly to dump over myself then drink!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: