Friday, July 1, 2011

Chocolate Pots de Creme

Okay, besides peanut butter, chocolate ranks very high in my diet-breaker of choice. Just ran across this one in my search for something special to make this weekend and am definitely going to have it cooling in my refrigerator very soon.

3/4 cup milk
6 ounces semisweet chocolate pieces
2 eggs
2 tablespoons strong coffee
1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur or extract

In a small pan, slowly heat the milk but do not boil. In a blender, combine chocolate,eggs, coffee, and liqueur. Blend until very smooth. Add hot milk and blend until well combined.

Pour mixture into six small serving cups and chill for about four hours before serving. To present your creation, some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder would not go amiss. My crew would also demand a cherry. A touch of cinnamon adds another flare to the dessert as would a few scrapes of freshly grated orange zest.

Although I haven't tried it yet, I'd think the recipe would double quite easily for a crowd.

No comments: