Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fourth of July Cupcakes

 

Kept my promise to myself and produced 48 cupcakes for the Fourth of July. My waistline is not in any danger as I gave away most of them to friends and neighbors. I tried the bakery-style frosting and it was a perfect balance to the spicy cupcakes as well as the red velvet chocolate ones.

The bakery-style frosting recipe was easy and quick to make. It's a keeper but I'm not giving up on my usual buttercream types. Sometimes, you do not mind the icing overwhelming the cake - it's an excuse to eat icing!

As the weatherman promised, the heat has set in so dinner is getting cooked on the rotisserie this evening. Potatoes are simmering for potato salad. I also have five, fresh yellow squash from the garden to herb and garlic for the vegetable. What's for dessert? Cupcakes, of course!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: