Friday, June 3, 2011

Zucchini Wars!

 
My husband loves to garden and enjoys the fact that practically nothing kills a squash plant . . . HOWEVER, he prefers to harvest zucchini BEFORE it reaches monster proportions as did the one in the picture. Zucchini are sneaky vegetables. You can check the garden on a daily basis in hopes of plunking relatively small, tender produce. The zucchini plant loves to show off and the plant that had nothing on it the day before will welcome you to the garden area the very next day with a zucchini miles long. Where do they hide from one day to the next? I'm just glad we keep the garden fenced in or . . . ? We worry about global warming while it seems to me (and I'm sure jet lag is NOT entering into my mental figuring) that we should be more worried about a zucchini take over of the world!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: