Friday, June 3, 2011

Catching up with California . . .

 

After being out of the country for over two weeks, I'm finally waking up to the changes in seasons going on here at home. Odd, however, that we had some fairly hot days in Germany while my husband reported that it remained relatively cool and comfortable in California.

My favorite part of each season is the promise it holds for the upcoming one. Here we still have some chance of overcast days and possible rain while I can see the forecast of a good orange season in my backyard orange tree. Last season, we had fresh oranges from our little tree from November until May of this year. In fact, the day after I got home from the trip, my husband was showing off his garden advancements and I found one, last orange left on my tree - a welcome home gift! We still have lots of lemons on our other tree along with the new, green ones getting ready for the Fall picking.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: