Saturday, June 11, 2011

Post-Vacation Quilting has Begun . . .

Even with a late start to the day, I finally dragged out the quilt I had been working on last month and got some real progress under way. It is a Christmas present and I know from past experience that I can't look at time as being that far away or slow in arriving! Christmas peers around the corner just waiting to pounce on unsuspecting quilters who procrastinate.

Another reason to clear out the project shelf is a trip to the fabric warehouse on Monday. Nope, don't really need fabric but I enjoy looking for finds and deals. I'm always on the lookout for religious fabrics as well as ones that have blocks of pictures. I like cutting the blocks into separate squares, putting a border on them and reinventing them into baby quilts.

Since I'm hopeful of building up my vacation fund, again, I'm digging out the All Saints' Day costume patterns with hopes of selling them on-line again this year. The red chasuble priest costumes with Our Lady of Guadeloupe on the front were good sellers last year as were the tilmas for prospective Juan Diegos. I like to sew and my brood is too big for costumes these days. Sigh . . . you send them to college and they go all mature on you. Go figure . . .

Dinner is in the preparation stages. My son wanted a German meal because he says he is homesick for German food and if he can't make a dash for Munich, he'll settle for Mom's version - Bratwurst, garlic mashed potatoes, and sauerkraut.

Hope everyone is looking forward to or already enjoying (depending on your time zone in the world!) a blessed Sunday with your families.

No comments: