Saturday, April 9, 2011

Baking to Keep Warm . . .

Clouds and sunshine today. I like the way the clouds wander over and block the sun and then move to pour the sunlight back over us. The sun, however, hasn't warmed things up too much but that's okay with me. I caught up on my backing and have some gluten-free snack crackers cooling and a huge loaf or rye breading baking in the oven. What a heating system: it is warm and smells good, too!

My husband doesn't have a gluten allergy but he likes some easier to digest snack crackers and making them out of flax seed, ground rice, and quinoa seems to work for him.

Going with a German slight to dinner in order to include the fresh rye bread. I also got some Chakki atta Indian flour and plan to make some Chapati this coming week. Just haven't figured out a meal to go with it, yet. King Arthur's Flour is a great on-line place to buy some interesting ingredients. Every year or so, I treat myself to something unusual to learn something new to bake/cook.

The current quilt squares are officially completed. Now comes the quilting part and all the hand sewing. I guess that's why I'm here on the computer as I'm not sure I want to get that involved in the rest of it today! That, or I'm being lazy!

No comments: