Saturday, April 9, 2011

Respecting the soldiers who serve us and their families!

I visited Israel years ago and one of the things that impressed me was their high regard for their soldiers. Being a small country constantly on alert, one saw a lot of them going on or coming from their appointed rounds. At one point, our tour bus picked up a young soldier and went a bit out of our schedule in order to get them home.

You have to wonder what Israel and other countries, for that matter, think about a president who puts Planned Parenthood and abortion ahead of paying our military. I was the daughter of a military airman and I remember how we often barely made it from pay day to pay day. I can't even imagine how we would have coped if the check was held up a week or more.

It's kind of like the budget decisions are being held hostage: continue funding Planned Parenthood with our tax money regardless of our view on the subject or the military doesn't eat.

No comments: