Monday, March 14, 2011

Still recovering from Daylight Savings . . .

I do not understand why they continue the Daylight Savings Time deal. The original reason for it has long gone by the wayside in the wake of modernization . . . yet we persist! Seems the world never knows when to leave well enough alone and when a change is needed. Anyway, being a bit sleepy today, my mind turns to thoughts of something with caffeine. Yes, coffee would have less calories but I maintain the thought of a chocolate brownie would do more to wake me up! Unfortunately, I gave up sweets for Lent . . . and I don't currently have baking chocolate in the cupboard. Anyway, with a view to the future, I'm sharing a favorite Brownie Recipe.

EASY BROWNIES

8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
1 cup butter
5 eggs
3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups chopped nuts, your choice (optional)

Melt chocolate and butter together. Cool slightly. Beat eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Blend in chocolate mixtures. Stir in flour to just blend. Add nuts. Spread in a greased 13x9-inch baking pan (or two smaller pans). Bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes. Cool in pan before cutting into squares.

No comments: