Sunday, March 27, 2011

Complacent or Content?

I got to thinking about my life here on earth and mulling over the many blessings I have in my life. I started to wonder, however, if my feelings of well being come from feeling complacent or content. I realized it could be so easy to mix the two and forget that what we receive in life comes from God. When you sigh, sit back, and think, "Yeah, this is the way it should be!" you might be getting complacent and forgetting life can be a struggle and you need to appreciate what good has been dealt you and face the troubles. You can't rely on what you have now will be there for you in the future.

Contentment, to me, is smiling on a good day and praying for another one and working towards that goal. Contentment is only momentary as life continues to throw us curves.

I'm trying to forego the ease of being merely complacent but appreciate the contentment I find and do what I can to help others have moments like that in their lives. You have to give credit where credit is due and sprinkling your day with heartfelt, "Thank You, God!" keeps your focus on the important.

No comments: