Monday, February 28, 2011

Just wondering when and where . . .

After taking a few weeks off from quilting to work on tote bag orders, I got out my three quilt tops in preparation for some quilting. I carefully counted the completed squares and discovered I had one more than I needed for my scrap quilt. No problem with that as extra is better than not enough! Another quilt had exactly twelve squares.

I spent the day cutting out quilt backing and batting with lots of pinning in anticipation of some decorative quilt stitching. I laid out the twelve-square quilt only to discover one square was missing! Since I KNEW for a fact that I had started out with twelve, I spent 30 minutes or more searching through my fabric and any place where the square could have gotten misplaced. No quilt square turned up. Fortunately, I had enough of the fabric to replicate the missing square and got a lot of quilt stitching done, yesterday. I am, however, interested to find out where and when the missing square will turn up. It's the law of missing things that are replaced . . . they turn up as soon as you decide you need to do it over again!

The quilt in the works is called 'Falling Into Winter' - my own design with lots of autumn leaves verging into winter blues and greys. The second quilt nearing completion is a scrap quilt - a favorite method of mine. To anyone who purchases it, they see a colorful quilt. To me, I see a lot of memories from the bits and pieces of fabric saved from bygone projects.

No comments: