Monday, February 28, 2011

A fruitful day in the making . . .

Nothing makes me happier than getting an order for my handiwork and this past week has been busy with just that! I will sew and quilt regardless of whether the project at hand has a 'home' but there is a joy in knowing that someone cared enough for tiny stitches and an original quilt or bag to order one specifically. My project request today is a Guardian Angel tote bag with general instructions to put lots of angels on it. That is definitely a can-do order! I also have two quilts approaching their completion and look forward to taking the last stitch on each.

I had one person state, thinking I was out of hearing, that they wouldn't pay $20 for one of my quilts. She initially ordered one and was shocked that just the fabric, batting, etc. would cost around $40. She was floored that on top of that, I would charge for labor, too. Imagine! I like my quilts, whether sold or gifted, to go to good homes. An attitude like that didn't bode well for the safety of one of my quilts in a home like that. Kind of ironic as I was feeling sorry for the one inquiring and was thinking about giving her a quilt for a gift. After that remark, I figured she wouldn't even want a $20 quilt for free!

No comments: