Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A word to the wise . . .

One of my husband's ongoing complaints about life is trying to get his glasses washed and polished every morning. A clean towel doesn't seem to get the water up and he often ends up with a blur somewhere on the lense.

My husband got new glasses last week and he noticed the clerk easily wiping glasses with a bright, yellow towel of some sort. The clerk told him they were shop towels they sold at Costco. We checked it out and you get 36 towels for around $16. We immediately splurged and no more complaints about foggy glasses.

Having to purchase 36 towels in order to preserve our eyeware seemed a bit much BUT we have found these towels are great for drying dishes QUICKLY, dusting the furniture, cleaning surfaces, etc. They wash easily and are saving us on paper towel use. I think the micro fiber componet of the fabric makes it great. I know my bathroom surface cleaning and furniture dusting seemed to go faster than usual today.

Thought I'd pass on an idea that is working for us!

No comments: