Friday, September 20, 2013

The Coming Fall Harvest . . .

 I'm excited this year. One of my favorite treats is a Pomegranate. They are always expensive in the store and you are never sure if you will select one that meets all the attributes of tang, taste, and sweetness.

Two years ago, my husband planted such a tree in our backyard. Every Spring I would see the spindly tree put out some hopeful buds only to see them scattered underneath the tree, no fruit for that year. This year, many healthy buds appeared. I wasn't impressed. Months later, they were still on the tree and I figured the dog would also take note and help himself. The buds remained unscathed and, as you can see from the picture, I just might enjoy a home-grown Pomegranate this year.

There are about 15 on the tree and they are bigger than a fist. I ignore the tree around the dogs lest they start taking an interest in it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: