Friday, September 20, 2013

Back to Quilting . . .

 Driving my son back and forth to college has taken a toll on my sewing time. I've finally worked out a schedule that gives me at least an hour most afternoons to do a little bit of work on various projects.

Right now, I decided to try a large, Dresden Plate design. In my anticipation of doing this one, I started cutting before realizing that each square takes 21 pieces to for the Dresden Plate. Three day later of cutting and pressing, I finally got the first few pieced together.

Yesterday, I found sales at the fabric store and even have my backing fabric and the color I wanted for the applique work on the front. Nothing like getting what you need/want and at a discount, too.

The final triumph was a sale on batting, the stuff that makes the quilt fluffy, and a 40% off coupon got me a wholesale roll of it which is now sitting in our entry way. My husband didn't notice it the first three times he went that way but he has now. This should get a closet cleaned up as I attempt to find a resting place for the bulky item.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: