Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Husbands aren't always wrong, you know! :-)

My husband likes to go shopping with me even to the fabric store. It is interesting, however, to notice the male/female differences in approaching situations.

On Friday, we went to a regular fabric store and I saw a sample of a dress on display along with the pattern number. There were supposed to be patterns by the display but they were all purchased. My husband and I went back to the pattern section and discovered that the desired pattern was sold out. I was disappointed.

Yesterday, we tried another fabric store which had the same display and the same empty pattern holder. I was beginning to understand why the pattern was sold out as it was very cute and a simple format. We, again, went back to the general pattern section and searched through the drawers only to find out that the pattern was sold out here, too.

As we were heading out of the store, my husband looked at the pattern tag on the sample dress, again, and said that there were two numbers under the pattern description. I shrugged and said I had never heard of the same sort of dress being sold under two, different numbers. I continued on my way out but my husband insisted we go back and look. I sighed and followed, ready to say 'I told you so!'

My husband looked at the outside numbers listed on each large drawer of patterns. Not one drawer began with a zero number. I was ready to leave, again, but my husband wasn't giving up. He decided to pull open the very first draw even though it didn't list a pattern beginning with a zero in the number. Suddenly, he noticed that the first section had a multitude of patterns that weren't sorted according to the label on the drawer . . . and, they all began with zero! He immediately started going through them and the very last pattern was the one we wanted and it was the very last pattern of that number in the store! I was suddenly a bit leery of paying $13 for a pattern but, after all that angst and work, my husband grabbed it and headed to the register. I was still fuming about expensive patterns. The clerk rang up the purchase and my husband was right once more . . . Turns out the patterns was on sale for 40 percent off.

I have to learn that even though males mind sets aren't always along the same track as a female's, they do have their benefits! :-)

No comments: