Wednesday, March 28, 2012

No sniffles allowed!

I went to Walmart to purchase some ordinary, cotton handkerchiefs for my husband in January. They usually can be found with the men's ties, underwear, etc. I looked up and down every aisle but none were to be seen! I finally found a clerk and asked where they might be found. Imagine my surprise and shock when I was informed that handkerchiefs were a 'seasonal' item and not available at this time of the year! Just to be sure, she called her supervisor who confirmed this.

Now, I'm wondering . . . Are we not allowed to blow our nose or wipe a weary brow from January until whenever? What about people with seasonal allergies that don't fall within the prescribed seasons?

I went on-line and, fortunately, the word hasn't gotten out about this as I was able to order all the handkerchiefs I needed.

Hmmm . . . Does this mean that if you are already in possession of a handkerchief, you shouldn't use it out of season? I don't even want to know where Kleenex fall in this! : - )

No comments: