Friday, February 17, 2012

Blessed with another year . . .

Tomorrow, is our anniversary! We are a couple years past the quarter of a century mark (dosen't that make one think ancient!) and I'm continually amazed that God gave me the blessing of a good marriage and children.

We are heading down to the fabric warehouse today as my husband said that is what he wants to do for his anniversary. Uh, my husband doesn't sew and I have a feeling this is for me, you think? I have promised him a chocolate torte for his gift along with salmon for dinner this evening.

It is interesting that the more the years add up on our lives, the more it seems that we look back at 'chapter's of it and often have trouble relating events of the past to ourselves . . . more like rereading a book! When life is happening, we are often too busy to thoroughly appreciate it so memories are our way of eventually really enjoying all that we have been given.

Naturally, my husband's horrible cold of last week is leaving him just as the germs seem to have found me and my son. That's why we are heading down to the fabric warehouse, today, in case I get worse. Right now, it is only a cough and not such a bad one that I emit a mating call to seals! When we came down with the first symptoms, yesterday, my son and I immediately headed down to Walmart and loaded up on ZICAM (highly recommend the stuff!), cough drops, and AirBorne. I haven't had a cold in over five years and I'm not going down without a fight! :-)

My quilt work was productive, yesterday. It only needs a border now which is pretty good as I only started the project three days ago. Some quilts are like that, they just seem to fall together while other ones give me fits. No quilting today as I will be busy coughing and checking out the latest and greatest at the fabric warehouse!

No comments: