Saturday, January 7, 2012

Quilting Day!

I got my chores done, a cake baked, and time to start on a quilt for my daughter's birthday. My art major, older daughter helped me decide on the fabrics. I wish the camera would show the colors up better, however. I am using a log cabin pattern and am fascinated at how many different designs you can come up with using the same squares. I only got 12 squares started but am getting excited at how it is turning out, so far. It was nice to get back to work on my sewing machine after the long 'vacation' over Christmas.

College starts for my son the following week. He was only able to get one class with the cutbacks and all but he is happy it is history and glad to quit the homeschool classroom for the outside world! :-) Age does that to a kid. My daughter is taking a class, too. She is finished with her four-year college but wants to pick up a class or two before heading to grad school. It is kind of amusing to have my youngest and second oldest going to the same college right now. My daughter doesn't find it quite as funny. No sense of humor!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: