Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just figured it out . . .

After a quick trip to the store for last-minute items (my daughter's shopping not mine!), I figured out why shopping takes so long and why people are getting so fat. We pulled into the crowded parking lot and were thrilled to see two parking spaces at the far end of the lot. It was a bit of a walk but was right in line with the entrance so, in my thinking, convenient. I was about four cars behind the line up and didn't think I would have a chance at grabbing one of those parking places. Much to my surprise, all four cars passed them up and preferred to snake in and around the entire lot in hopes of getting a really, really close parking space. The sun is shining, it isn't particularly cold . . . We were heading into the door of the store while those same cars were still waiting for the absolutely perfect parking spot to open up miraculously for them.

I decided that the 15-30 minutes roaming the parking lot and the lack of eagerness to do any walking probably contributes greatly to adding wasted time to the shopping trip and retention of excess weight with the lack of eagerness to walk more than necessary. Meanwhile, my daughter and I are in and out of the store within 20 minutes and on our way home.

No comments: