Thursday, December 8, 2011

Catching up on stuff . . .

While my husband puts the finishing touches on his paint job in the bathroom, I notice there are a lot of check stubs and credit card receipts that need attention in my bookkeeping envelope! It is time to stop and do the bills to make sure the expenditures match the income!

I finished my Christmas list, yesterday, to make sure I would have cookies or a small gift for all the people in our lives. Still have a few orders to make and send as well as two, more shawls to finish crocheting. It's funny but crocheting isn't my favorite occupation but I seem to be doing a lot of it recently.

I've just about decided on the candy I will be making next week. I gave up on the idea for this week as we have a lot of other projects, like the bills (!), to get accomplished. Right now, I'm thinking of making peanut butter cups, peppermint bark, peanut butter crisp balls, almond bark, fudge (naturally!) and truffles. Be aware that this list could change at any moment!

I have to make sure I have the ingredients on hand to try that soft sugar cookie recipe tomorrow. Also, I have a friend's birthday coming up and need to come up with a special treat for that, too. Believe me, I'm not complaining as I will use any excuse to evolve new treats in the kitchen! I learned, long ago, that I can't possibly eat everything I make which is why sharing is so great.

Meanwhile, my poor quilt sits patiently on the sewing table awaiting those last few stitches. And, I have four quilt tops which would like to have any kind of attention. Too bad there isn't a market for my handiwork as I realized I have more than a few quilts on hand when they all fell down on me yesterday when I was trying to pull out just one of them.

No comments: