Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Busy Afternoon and Hectic Evening ahead . . .

I was shocked to realize that Christmas is coming way too soon as in next week! How did that happen? In honor of this shocking information, I spent the afternoon wrapping Christmas gifts, putting together packages for the mail, and organizing my proposed cookie plates for passing out next week. I always have to laugh at myself. I look at the first, few packages I wrap and they are almost works of art. After an hour at it, however, I quickly go to wrap, tape, and slam on a bow.

One college daughter lands back in California this evening. I get to navigate the airport that confuses me in broad daylight under the cover of evening darkness! Naturally, I'm thrilled. I got totally turned around the last time and this was in the afternoon. The second time I had to exit to turn around and get in the right direction, the cashier just waved me through. I guess I'm getting famous. One time, I parked a good 15 minute walk away from the terminal my daughter was actually landing at that day. Her first word when we send her the flight information is 'who is picking me up' bracing herself for a nice wake up jog which seems appropriate after spending all that time just sitting on the plane! She begs to disagree!

She is coming home with her BA degree in hand as she is now, officially, a college graduate. My third college graduate in the family. My youngest son was happy to finally get ONE class at the community college so he is slowly on his way to eventually getting his diploma. Anymore state government cutbacks, however, it could take him years to just get his AA degree. Our governor announced today that he will have to make further cuts to the state and local colleges if everyone votes down yet another tax increase proposal. We  already have one of the highest sales' taxes in the country so why not up it a bit more? NOT!

No comments: