Friday, November 4, 2011

Daylight Savings Time Switch This Weekend . . .

Spring forward . . . Fall back . . . The rules for the time changes every year. Most people prefer the 'Fall back' version because it seems that we gain an hour that we can put to such productive use. Not sure how. I just know that either time change version throws me off for a few days. You either wake up and it is earlier or later than you think!

When I was still working in an office, one of the secretaries didn't show up for work at eight o'clock. We kept waiting for her to call in but exactly at 8:55, she came off the elevator, walked in through the glass doors, and signed in for the day. She couldn't understand why we all burst out laughing. She had forgotten to change her clock!

I can't say too much on that subject as we got to Sunday Mass an hour early one year. Since we live minutes from home, we just headed back until the revised time to show up. We did note that there were several cars in the parking lot, however!

My predicament, this year, is my new alarm clock. The package said that it would automatically change for the Spring forward, Fall back change . . . but will it really? If we change it before we go to bed, just to be sure, will we be getting up two hours early? I'm willing to take that chance but my husband, who is already peeved that I insist on having my alarm clock seven minutes fast, would not welcome the extra awake time.

No comments: