Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Aftermath of Thanksgiving!

A 21-pound turkey gave his life for our Thanksgiving meal. I think there are about two pounds of Mr. Turkey left after our happy dinner. The aftermath of Thanksgiving? The remaining desserts . . . which I imagine will find a 'happy home' within the next day or two!

Every year, there is always one dish and one dessert that turns out to be the most popular/favorite. As you can see from the lone slice of pie on the left, my daughter's Banoffee Pie disappeared first. My Apple Crisp was the favorite of my offerings. Much to my surprise, my cornbread/sausage stuffing was the one most people went back for seconds.

Judging from three bags of turkey bones, I fore see at least three turkey soup dinners in our future. Hope the bread stuffing has leftovers as I want to try the stuffing dumplings, again.

I hope everyone had a wonderday day and those of us celebrating Thanksgiving, I hope you had a happy and blessed one.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: