Friday, October 21, 2011

Sewing aside . . .

No sewing today! A bunch of rapidly aging bananas have cast my future - baking! I'm thinking of banana cupcakes with orange frosting. I'm also making some pumpkin/cranberry cookies. Even with three of my four children away from home, I have two neighbors and a friend who would not mind a plate of goodies to begin the weekend.

I did get everything done on my latest crazy quilt and just need to cut and prepare the binding around the edges to have it completed. I've got a horse quilt ready for quilting. Not a HORSE quilt but a quilt with pictures of horses on it. Just clearing the possible misconception there! I did have a relative ask me to make a quilt for her dog, once. I declined politely! The dog had absolutely no sense of color! :-)

Off to begin the day with Mass and Adoration. Overcast this morning but the weatherman promises high temperatures this weekend. I'm being patient about the arrival of winter but often wonder, is it possible in Southern California.

Messy end to Libya's dictator yesterday. You raise yourself above all, you aim for a fall. I did say a prayer for his soul but know that he has a lot to make up for in this world and God is in charge of the next.

No comments: