Friday, October 7, 2011

Rosary-Making Day!

Finally, I got out my Rosary-making supplies and am trying to get this back into my daily schedule. I used to be quite productive along this line but sewing, quilting, getting children to school . . . life (!) kind of put this on the back burner.

I got out my box of supplies, yesterday, and found that I still had plenty of beads. To make it a perfect time to start in with it was the timely delivery of the necessary cord that arrived in the mail. I cut cord, dipped the ends in nail polish to make a workable point to go through the beads, and got started last night while I watched television. I got eight of them done. This morning, I wasn't feeling well so aside from dishes and laundry, I rested and got another seven Rosaries completed. It felt good to be doing it, again, and it was amazing how all the knots and rhythm just came back to me. October is Rosary month so it has been a good time to renew my efforts.

Anyone interested in more information, let me know. I also have a couple of places where you can buy inexpensive and pretty beads to use. I learned a long time ago that it has to keep my interest so I always keep a variety of colors on hand with which to compose Rosaries.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: