Tuesday, October 25, 2011

No quilting today but lots of cutting and sewing . . .

I finished my crazy quilt, last night, and decided to take a break from quilting and cut out three aprons today. They are holiday aprons with an applique of our Lady of Guadeloupe on the front. I've had orders for them and decided to get several more on hand for people who come up with a last-minute need for a gift to give.

It was nice to do more than just sew straight quilting seams today. The weather was perfect for staying indoors and sewing. I got the house cleaned in the morning, baked the crumb cake cookies, and got my sewing out while they cooled on the counter. Seems to me the scent of cookies beats any air fresheners you can come up with!

Yes, Southern California woke up to overcast skies and drizzle. Not much actual rain but enough dampness coming down to wet the streets and pavement. Our dog was most disapproving.

The rain is supposed to last through tomorrow and then the temperatures climb back up, again. I won't complain too much as the sunshine is ripening the last of the tomatoes out in the garden.

My pledge to finish off this day is to finally order our vitamins before we run out . . . as we are in danger of doing since I was supposed to do it last week!

No comments: