Wednesday, October 5, 2011

My rainy day afternoon . . .


The weatherman was correct and the rain has been pouring down since noon. Since going anywhere in this weather without a really good reason would have been foolish, I settled down for an afternoon of sewing. Yes, I did my chores first and the laundry is washed, dried, and put away but thank you for inquiring!

My husband needs five gifts for his office at Christmas so I made up some 'gift bags' that will last long after Christmas. All of them have the same back applique as shown at the top right picture. Just have to get some Christmas green tissue paper and figure out some trinkets and goodies to put in the bags and that is one annual 'problem' I won't have to think about come December.

Going with Spaghetti for dinner. I just pulled out several containers of sauce and leftover gravy from the freezer and put them in a big pot. My literally 'pot luck' sauce is usually very well received by the family. Unfortunately, I can never repeat the recipe! A bowl of hot pasta sounded good on a cold evening.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: