Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Yes, I'm still quilting . . .

Now that we have my daughter graduated and things are settling down, the fabric comes back out and the quilting continues. If I keep up at this rate, I'll have to open a store to sell my backlog of finished quilts!

Anyway, I'm almost finished with the Christmas quilt I shared a picture of last week here. It was one of those projects that just seemed to go together of itself. I like those moments when the inspiration melds with the capability of my mind and hands. I am heading the finish line on my totally scrap quilt wherein I designed four different types of squares. This may be one I keep for myself. Lots of memories in the scraps from bygone projects.

My husband treated me to a quilting magazine over the weekend and it had about four ideas that I'm anxious to try. I started one, yesterday, and my mind is constantly heading back to that compartment of my brain to mull over the next steps I want to take with it. Pictures to follow in the next week or two.

There is no morning Mass this week so my work days are getting a slightly earlier start but I do miss the quiet half hour at church. It worked out well because my altar boy teen came down with a bad cold on Monday and we couldn't have gone anyway. God provides!

When I made dinner, last night, I remember how good applesauce could be with pork chops. Since I didn't have applesauce on hand, I peeled and roughly chopped four apples and simmered them down into tender chuncks with lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, and cinnamon. My ailing son perked up considerably and ate his entire dinner including the applesauce.

Clothes shopping for my ever-growing teenager tomorrow but, today is mostly mine and I hopefully plan to get some sewing down . . . after the laundry . . . the ironing . . . the dishes . . .

Yeah, I complain but I know I'm blessed!

No comments: