Thursday, September 8, 2011

A new way to burn calories . . .

I read an article that said that the Weight Watchers program was one of the best ways to lose weight. After seeing that it would cost almost $18 a month (and I still have to eat something!), I cruised around the Internet to see if there were options as in free options. I found one that looked promising with lots of ways to monitor your intake, plan your meals, etc. I logged and and decided to see where I stood on calorie intake for the day. One click and I was presented with a pre-determined menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I would certainly lose weight following it because I don't/won't eat most of the suggestions. I spent 15 minutes on the page until I found where you could plug in your own food choices for the day. Another ten minutes and I got my breakfast into the system. It wouldn't let me get into the lunch one. Seeing the time go by and the laundry pile up, I decided to actually make my lunch rather than argue about a proposed lunch with a web site.

After lunch (and it was healthy!), I looked around for a friendlier site. Found one but it was too simplified in some ways and lacking in others. All I wanted to do was plug in what I eat, get a calorie count, and find out how much I should or shouldn't have eaten. All this really worked up an appetite.

I decided the best thing would be to increase my exercise. I moved the ironing board another three inches away from my sewing machine so I'd have further to walk when I needed to iron a seam.

No comments: