Thursday, September 8, 2011

How is that going to work . . .?

Rumor has it that the president is going to present a proposal to stimulate the job market to the tune of $400 billion. How does that work? I know from past reports, he isn't into making drastic but necessary cuts in pork barrel spending so where is all that money going to come from this time? Everyone is already taxed out, born and unborn, to the tune of around $47,000. Not only can I not come up with that amount, ever, I don't think I would like to increase it.

Bookkeeping classes should be a requirement for our politicians. There is a plus column and there is a negative column. When the negative column exceeds the plus column, you stop spending. Printing money is not an option as there will be nothing but paper behind the money. Tax increases will not help. Every time our taxes go up, we cut back on our spending which means we are pretty much back to square one. Politics is very confusing to me. Politicians are 'ordinary citizens' until they get elected to office and then they forget how it is to be ordinary citizens with limited incomes. When they decide we need to tighten our belts, the we doesn't include them.

Anyway, the big speech is this evening. In fact, it is probably starting about now. The main event opposite the president's speech is football. I hate football. I think I'll watch the game.

No comments: