Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Christmas quilting day . . .

A sudden idea, last week, has come together pretty well for me. I like it when an inspiration is possible in fabric. It is frustrating when you have a concept in mind but your hands, mind, or fabric at hand won't work with you. This one is approaching the finishing point and it came pretty close to the vision in my mind. So sales on this one! It is a Christmas gift.

Interesting, much as I like this particular quilt, I started it with a certain person in mind which kind of separate me from the 'wants' because I went into it with a definite friend getting this for Christmas. I guess it is my way of letting go otherwise I'd be stacked to the rafters with quilts. . . . okay, I do have a lot of quilts already on hand but they have no way reached the rafters . . . yet!

The pictures of the Holy Family were one fabric and the background was pieced from three different fabrics that I hand sewed into place. I usually top stitch this sort of applique but didn't want the star pattern to be off track with other stitches already in the scene.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: