Thursday, August 25, 2011

There are a few of my favorite things . . .

Just a collage of some of my favorite scrap/crazy quilts. Even when I follow a specific quilt pattern, it often takes a crazy quilt twist. I currently have three boxes and one bag of precious scraps that I just know I will incorporate into a quilt eventually. There is something about taking almost nothing and turning it into a full-sized covering. I've noticed that most people seem to prefer my scrap quilts. My children love theirs as they can often find bits and pieces of their childhood in the many pieces of fabric that came from shirts or dresses I made for them years ago. Interesting . . . I picked mostly warm colors for this collage whereas my usual choices tend towards the blue spectrum. Recently, I've gone for sea colors and am working on a landscape quilt . . . mostly out of scraps, of course!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: