Monday, August 1, 2011

Somewhat of a productive day . . .

 
Besides getting the checkbook in order, I got some prayer pouches ready for a buyer. They seem to be 'taking' off as several people at morning Mass are now carrying them. They are handy for throwing in your prayerbooks, Holy Cards, Rosary, etc. Since I finally made one for myself, I'm no longer dropping and scattering pages of my tattered prayerbook all over the floor under the pews.

Still have three quilts in the works but have high hopes. Tomorrow, however, is recreation day with a trip to the movies to see Captain America. Haven't been to a movie in years so this should be fun. I'm going with a friend and we are bringing along two of her children and one of mine.

The rain is long gone but the nearby mountains sort of look a bit greener for the deluge even if it is not new growth but just a good cleaning of the existing brush. One hundred degrees today with humidity from the vanishing rain clouds. Still, it is bearable weather and there is worse suffering in the world! Still, I have to learn to perspire with more dignity and less complaints . . . Sigh . . . :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: