Friday, August 5, 2011

Revisiting memories today . . .

 

Looking back and remembering aspects of the recent trip my son and I enjoyed. These are views of King Ludwig of Bavaria's castle, Linderhof - one of three residences. Although I liked them all, I think this one is my favorite. It is the only completed one and very rich and impressive. King Ludwig was a great admirer of the French King so you can see many aspects of the French influence.

King Ludwig is considered by some to have been crazy. Perhaps, but his collection of art, his revival of the handicrafts, and his inventions are still seen/used today. His castles may have been an extravagance in his time but they bring a lot of people to visit and learn. Since my mother was born and raised in Bavaria, the word 'crazy' and King Ludwig were not allowed to be used in the same context as he was well-loved by many of the Bavarians.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: