Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Christmas crafts begin . . .

All it takes is one slightly cooler day and I start thinking about Christmas gifts. Yesterday, I got started on a Christmas quilt. I'm using three fabrics in each square plus an applique of various scenes in the Christmas story. So far, I have five ready for the next step, borders. I decided to go with handsewing on the applique work so when I do the quilting in white thread, it won't be obscured by previous machine stitching. I'm currently thinking about making a star pattern for the quilting, one multi-bordered Christmas star in each square. I'm back to my usual palette of deep blues and vibrant colors. I veered off slightly to piece a horse quilt for a friend. Horses don't come in blues or purple. There may be some folks who indulge in strong holiday egg nog that may have seen horses (or elephants!) in such colors but I never have!

Actually needed a sweater for my morning walk before Mass this morning. Now, that was a great change of pace (pun sort of intended!) for me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: