Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Quilting happened yesterday!

I actually kept to my personally proposed schedule, yesterday, and got a lot done. I already have a quilt pinned and started some initial quilting stitches on it. I cut out fabric for three baby quilts and one of them should be done, today. I try and get baby quilts done for pro-life so the mothers who are going through with their pregnancies have something special for the new one coming into their life. I must be in the summer mind set as one of my larger quilts is seashells in beach colors and the other one is in water prints and fish.

I kept my promise to children and husband and baked several plum cakes, yesterday. I'll post a recipe later. Whenever the Italian plums come into season, I go back into my German roots and bake plum cake. Finally found a recipe that appeals to me and my husband says that he likes the yeast dough version a bit better. Next batch!

Sigh . . . This is the last day of our pastor's four-part teaching series on the Mass. I still can't believe how much he has imparted to us that we didn't realize or know. Being a cradle Catholic, I guess I have become complacent in thinking I know it all and have been brought up short and lead into a new realization of how much more there is to our Faith. Our pastor is a terrific teacher and can offset the liberal factions that try to sidetrack him with kindness and exact points of fact they can check for themselves. He never judges but leaves the 'awakening' to happen through our own desire in connection with the teachings he presents. He said he would have another class in September and I'm already hoping and praying my schedule will be open.

Late start to the morning. My son developed a good habit on our recent vacation. Given the early hours we had to keep for getting on the bus and taking off for tours, he taught himself to nap on the long bus rides. I was always amazed to watch him down two or three expressos in the morning and fall directly to sleep once he sat down on the bus. It worked for him enjoying the tour as it helped catch him up on his sleep. However, he trained himself too well and no matter what comfortable seat he finds himself in, these days, he starts to doze off by habit . . . Not a good think when his seat is up at the altar and he is serving Mass! We are going with a iced coffee drink and a green tea capsule to see if that keeps him awake and focused today!

No comments: