Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Cranberry Butter

I ran across this recipe in an ancient cookbook my husband brought home from the library for me. Thoughtful husband! He always checks out the Friends of the Library book sales and brings home likely books for me.

Anyway, this is a nice change of pace for breakfast munching. I'm always on the lookout for interesting spreads for freshly baked bread. This is great on whole wheat especially.

1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup cranberries, fresh or frozen
1 stick of stoftened butter
zest of one lemon
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Combine all ingredients together in a food processor and process until berries are finely chopped.

*I went a step futher and put it through my blender so as to really break down the cranberries. My brood tends to get stubborn about 'pieces' of stuff in their flavored butters!
__._,_.___

No comments: