Friday, November 11, 2011

Problem solved . . .

My husband has a day off so no quilting today. We always seem to be on the run when he is home catching up on errands and projects. I'm very okay with the break from sewing as my current quilting project has been fighting me all week. Just yesterday, I figured out what I wanted and where I wanted to go on completing my scrap quilt so was calm of heart today knowing I would have a feasible starting place tomorrow.

The current project is, of course, a scrap quilt. I cut out strips of leftover fabric, one and one-half inch wide and sewed them together at a diagonal. I alternated borders on each square between a dark blue fabric and a lighter blue, patterned one. That's when I got stuck! What next? I finally took the remainder of the fabric strips and sewed them together, side by side and will use them to extend the length and width of the quilt while providing the border.

Our temperate day is cooling down quickly as the clouds are making an appearance. We have a chance of rain so I'm thinking that tomorrow will be good for staying home and sewing. My husband works so my sewing time won't take away from his plans. Not that he minds me sewing, but he works such long hours, we like to spend what time we can together . . . even if it is fighting our way through the grocery stores or Walmart!

I got half the border concept in place on the quilt, yesterday, and hope to get the long sides done tomorrow. I will post a picture when the whole project is presentable!

No comments: