Thursday, June 30, 2011

Determination in quilting . . .

 
I'm on a mission to drastically reduce my collection of scraps in my fabric stash. I tend to fall desperately in love with some of the patterns and keep even the smallest piece 'in case it comes in handy' someday. Enough! Okay . . . Well, maybe . . .

I started a crazy quilt/scrap quilt yesterday and finished piecing the twelve squares this afternoon. I'm planning on a solid border around each wild square with a scrap border along the top and bottom edges. It did clear out half of a bag of scrap fabric and I'm not EVEN going to glance up at the big, plastic container on the shelf which harbors even more . . . fabric scraps. My husband says that even using scraps, I tend to make MORE scraps and it is a losing battle. Fortunately, I'm rather enjoying the sewing confrontation but the next quilt will come from 'new' material not the fabric scrap collection.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: