Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My sewing maching is resting . . .

I have been busy over the last two weeks so had to put my sewing machine and quilting projects away until after the trip. Sigh . . . I feel sort of empty not having a needle and swatch of fabric in my hands. I do have two crazy quilts in the works as well as two 'planned' crazy quilts. A planned crazy quilt is one where I select four or five specific colors of fabric and build a random design using only those colors. My REAL crazy quilts use whatever falls out of the scrap box and can be very bright and, well, crazy.

I'm hoping to find some fabric on the trip. In fact, I discovered that Munich, Germany has some quilting stores I hope to visit during my week there. Hey, I'm sure my teen son will LOVE spending time browsing through bolts and bolts of fabric!

While I'm gone, my husband plans to paint the kitchen. Another reason for putting away my projects as I have the far side of the area for my sewing place. I think I got the better part of the deal for the next two weeks but my husband KNOWS he is the lucky one to NOT have to travel. Opposites do attract, you know!

No comments: