Saturday, April 23, 2011

Raspberry Salad Dressing . . .

I like raspberry salad dressing but the variety found in the grocery stores is usually thick and way too sweet. It's like making your salad greens into a dessert. If you are trying to eat healthy, this just about kills the value of the greens.

Yesterday, I tried an interesting recipe for said salad dressing and it was exactly what I was looking for and not too sweet and cloying. It was easy to make and didn't call for expensive ingredients.

3 tablespoons of seedless raspberry jam
2/3 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste

You just whisk the above together, chill, and use on your next salad. I used it on the salad we had with a macaroni and cheese dinner and the mild tangy sweet tones played off the cheese dish pretty well. I think it would also be good drizzled over sliced, hardboiled eggs.

No comments: