Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!

It is hard to comprehend that Ash Wednesday wasn't just yesterday. The last six weeks flew by and Easter dawns tomorrow. I took the advice of a former pastor and didn't try and give up or promise to do a multitude of things for Lent. He always said that if you can change just one aspect of your life to the good, your Lent was successful. Of course, I tried to put aside a few more minutes for prayer and reflection but prayer, alone, needs the boost of physical change and improvement, too.

Easter is also a major 'turning point' in the year for my son and I as we have been saving and planning for a trip for the last two years . . . and that happens about three weeks from now! I haven't been on a vacation in over 28 years and my son has never been on one other than a day with not having to do schoolwork! My husband is manning the fort while we are gone as he says his 'vacation' is not having to go on one.

No comments: