Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Do my duty or quilting?

My bad angel says to take the whole day and quilt. My good angel says I need to take my teen shopping for new shoes. Sigh . . . Guess who wins on this one? Since my son and I are heading out on a vacation requiring a lot of walking, he needs to get some sturdy shoes broken in now. Okay, okay, I'm going shopping!

Shoe shopping is always an adventure these days especially for women. I've noticed that men's shoes don't change that much while women's shoes can be rather interesting. I have to wonder if some women take a look in the mirror as to how some shoe styles throw off their balance and don't really make them look all that attractive. I saw one rather portly woman wearing what seemed to be five-inch platform shoes that caused her to bend forward in order to walk and stay up. When she bent forward, it sadly threw her generous behind out and did not make a pretty profile. She compounded the chosen style with a thin-knit mini-dress. We had to take a 'charm' class in high school and the one thing I remember is you should always check a full-length mirror before leaving the house. Just checking out your hair and face doesn't tell the whole story!

Anyway, the fate of any quilting time, today, hangs in the balance of the amount of time required to find suitable shoes for my son. He isn't a fashion hound so if the shoes fit, aren't pink, and ARE comfortable, this could be a fast and easy process. Sigh . . . what are the chances? I've noticed that every time we enter a store, they hide everything in the sizes we are looking for! Nope, not paranoid! They really are out to get me! :-)

No comments: