Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Chores done and sewing time enjoyed . . .

I braced myself for a long day of shopping with my son. It's not that he is picky but it can be difficult to find comfortable shoes that he likes that are also in his size. He got up early and off we went to invade the hallowed halls of the merchandise world.

The first store had few choices. My son just stood there and looked and not one of the five choices appealed to him. Only FIVE choices? I had to agree with him that the small inventory wasn't very inspiring.

We left the store and there was a discount shoe store a few steps away. We have never had much luck at this establishment but it was there and we were going to become desparate eventually so we gave it a look. A few more choices here and suddenly, we find a great pair of sneakers on sale. He tries them on and they fit. Now, we needed some kind of shoe that could pass as a dress shoe but still have the comfort of a sneaker. Down in the corner, he found such a shoe. He tried it on in his size and it was a bit tight and he is still growing. We looked in the next size up and, naturally, no luck. We wandered back to our originally startin place and I saw the desired shoe in the same size but in a 'wide'. I suggested he give it a try and success! Who would have thought it. AND, the second pair was on sale for half off. The anticipated long day of shopping was only 15 minutes and in my delight I treated him to lunch.

Now that my quilt batting has arrived, I pulled out a partially quilted project and finished cutting out the necessary squares and got all but eight of the 40 squares quilted. Another success.

I'm trying to get my three projects done before my son and I take off on vacation. My husband happily opted to stay home. He said his treat was NOT having to get on an airplane for hours at a stretch. He also likes peace and quiet when he works and he has plans for kitchen repairs. A marriage made in Heaven for both of us!

No comments: