Thursday, April 21, 2011

Cupcakes conquered!

I had a successful baking day, yesterday, and have a pretty line up of decorated cupcakes to show for it. My only setback was an oven that was heating up in an unbalanced way so the cupcake tray on the left was baking faster than the one on the right. A dozen cupcakes got ruined but you can be sure I kept close watch on the subseqent batches. I ended up with five, different cupcakes. Given the volume, I did not fill them this time but the generous buttercream toppings more than made up for it.

My menu for cupcake production?

Kaula Chocolate cupcake with a chocolate/orange frosting.
Spice cupcake with a very orange frosting.
Cinnamon cupcake with a cinnamon/vanilla frosting.
Peanut butter cupcake with vanilla frosting.
Orange cupcake with deep chocolate frosting.

Gave out all the cupcakes to friends, yesterday, except for a tray of samples for one of my college daughters who is coming home for Easter.

I hadn't done any baking during Lent so it was fun to get back into the process.

No comments: