Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Israel needs our prayers . . .

Why is it that when things could not be worse in the world, a faction finds a way to make them worse? I find war, in itself, something I'd like to avoid but, at least, it is a more 'organized' event in which each side knows and sees each other in a way. Lines are drawn and care is often employed to avoid civilians.

Today, a suitcase bomb went off at a crowded bus stop in Israel killing at least one and injuring 31 - at last report. I wonder how many armed soldiers were in the dead/injured? How many of them had grabbed their shopping bags and school books to enter battle today? I can't help being so awfully sad to think how many families have been tragically changed in the space of a few minutes.

Hope everyone remembers all these victims in their prayers this evening. I know I will. Eternal rest grant onto them, O Lord . . .

No comments: