Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A New Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe!

 I'm still trying out new recipes without the help of wheat flour. Wheat certainly has a baking chemistry that isn't easy to translate into a gluten-free version. I am, however, discovering there is a whole, gluten-free world out there with a multitude of recipes, ideas, and help.

I was amazed to find a gluten-free cookie recipe on the Food Network site but it was evolved by Alton Brown (a favorite chef of mine!) so I knew taking a chance would be 98.9% safe and successful. It was! I couldn't believe how the cookies came out, the texture of the dough, and the final taste. Yes, you can tell there is something different about the texture but once the cookie is cooled down and you have a cup of hot tea at hand, you have no complaints!

Want to be adventuresome, try them - http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/the-chewy-gluten-free-recipe/index.html
Posted by Picasa

No comments: