Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thanksgiving Preparations . . . and, so it begins . . .

 Thanksgiving dinner isn't difficult but it takes planning and prep work. My cooking tasks began yesterday. I baked bread for the stuffing, got the cranberries reduced to the appropriate sauce, turkey bones simmered down to broth and corn bread mixed, baked, and cubed for sausage stuffing. I don't put the stuffing inside the turkey as is popular with many people. My own mother preferred it that way but I like to bake it in pans and make two types.

Today, the pies will be created along with mixing together the stuffing ingredients, and, time permitting, baking a cheese cake. I enjoy cooking but with the family growing up and taking off on their own (my oldest son and daughter won't be here for the holiday!), I don't get to exercise my 'talents' as much as I'd like. I have six guests joining us for dinner tomorrow so I'm in my cooking/baking mode and in my element!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: