Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Quilter, first, politics, second - this time!

In spite of my recent rants over the state of the world under the current administration, I am maintaining my sanity with my quilting projects. My theory with quilting (and it should be also with governing the United States!) is that if you take the time to do it right, it will work!

I'm back into the scrap quilt mode the last few weeks. My scrap box is overflowing and making me feel guilty if I so much a look at a beautiful, uncut length of new fabric. I'm still working on the quilt I promised my husband - a quilt with a calm pattern that will not cause his eyes to roll uncontrollably. It was going well until my inner being couldn't take it any longer and I added some abstract touches to the pattern. So far, it isn't too wild . . . but the quilt isn't done yet.

I'm down to the final inches of sewing on two large quilts right now. My quilts are rather lethal when they are stuck with straight pins all around prior to final sewing. I don't seem to realize this while I'm working on them but later discover scratches on my legs and arms where the quilt in progress has dragged across my lap and arms. Hey, maybe I should get a quilter's purple heart for blood shed in the line of domestic duty!

No comments: